Sunday, April 13, 2014

Well, duh

Here's the thing: I have some issues. I think I have close to thirty or forty posts by now and if you, as a reader, haven't figured that out, there is something seriously wrong with either your mental processing or your eyes. Perhaps both. So, anyway, issues. I'm the typical girl that has a dysfunctional family, has a parent sitting in a wooden box in the ground, and a collection of relationships-gone-bad. This equals (say it with me), trust issues! 

It's hard enough to meet someone thats intelligent, accepting, and fun that you find yourself attracted to. THAT ALONE IS A MIRACLE, OKAY?? Maybe it's just a miracle for me but guess what? This is my blog. So let's say that, by some act of higher power, I spend time with someone that meets most of my mental checklist, then what? We do the typical twentysomething dating dance (that I despise): snapchat, text, Instagram, hang out once or twice a week (one of which includes getting drunk), where from there? 

I don't know. 

Were you anticipating some revelation? I have news for you: you aren't going to learn anything you don't already know reading these posts. Actually, I'm the one hoping to learn something. 

In my experience, the next step after feeling at least invested enough to start referring to him by his actual name and not the nickname my homos and I have given to him, and spending time together sober, is a complete mystery. I don't think I've gotten that far with someone. The next step I have experienced so far is some act (or many) of doucheyness, making me less interested. I then over analyze the situation(s) and it's over. Sigh. 

Typically the thing that sends me into psychoanalyze mode varies; asking if I'm a lesbian because I haven't slept with him, telling me I have too many gay friends, ditching on plans too many times in a row, etc., none of which flies with me. The analytical part is what kills me though. The guy does something stupid, and I either write him off immediately or spend the next week or so coming up with a reason to cut ties. Hmm... 

I think we all know the answer here. My work husband frequently points out that I get annoyed with the guy that I'm seeing and I'm over it instantly. Yes, I'm absolutely over HIM, but am I over the situation? Absolutely not. Depending on the he level of stupid that he achieved while upsetting me, I'll spend the next 24 hour to seven days trying to figure out why I was a) attracted to him in the first place, b) didn't see the dumbass side sooner, and c) why I continue to fall into this rut and decide to look inward. Ugh. 

Maybe next time, y'all. But probably not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment